CPU/Motherboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not have the right set of drivers. So you might still need the CD from your current mobo.

Hi,

Hi,

The computer manufacturer said their CD contained just windows and would allow a re-install so I went for it.

I re-installed windows. The installed deleted my old windows but I didn't format the C: first so still have all my files (should I have formatted first?). I then installed the new motherboard and graphics card drivers.

However my computer is still slower than it was when I had the old motherboard and CPU. Is there anything I have done wrong or could the problem not have been windows at all?

thanks again for any help/advice

Jon

Hi,

I reformatted and did a clean install of windows and then installed all the drivers. However the slowdown continues. Maybe I did something wrong in fitting the new motherboard - missed a cable or something?

I might take my PC into a computer shop and ask them to check it out

thanks

Jon

It can't be slow after a complete format unless there is a problem with your hard disk. A missing cable results in something not working or the machine not even powering on.

How old is your hard drive? And secondly if you right click on the drive how much of the drive has been filled?

If it is slow there is other factors. Just as Nick said. HDD Dying or the CPU not seated right or not cooled right or something. There is no reason unless the software or drivers you install are conflicting with the OS. Which is rare if you are getting the latest set from teh manufacturer's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom