Thinking about switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
From a q6600 to a E8400 or E8500.

I heard they are just better all around, I went on a friends system and it runs better then my q6600, and he has a e8400.

Rendering, video playback, and such, I noticed a increase in how fast it was compared to the q6600.

Whats everyones thoughts? And suggestions?

It might be his graphics card that is making videos play better? Anyways, if you OC the Q6600 to like 3.2GHz, you will motice it'll be faster than a E8500. Plus you'll get to switch tasks a lot faster.

He has a 4850, as do I.

Just browsing the internet, my Xigmatek and q6600 OC'd at 2.8 runs at about 43C

Do I have more room for OCing?

Whats the typical limit to watch for?

It seems silly to do what you are saying. Even seems silly to upgrade to a q6600 from an e8x00.

I suggest doing a software tuneup on your computer, spyware, registry fixing, defragging, etc.

It seems silly to do what you are saying. Even seems silly to upgrade to a q6600 from an e8x00.

I suggest doing a software tuneup on your computer, spyware, registry fixing, defragging, etc.

Any suggested programs, etc?

Edit: Whats a low limit temp for the q6600?
When should I know to stop? When it hits 50C?

with all of those things on, and while playing games, you will still notice it's still fast. it's not that his HDD is clogged, but each core is lower than what the other 8400 is set to.

Any suggested programs, etc?

Edit: Whats a low limit temp for the q6600?
When should I know to stop? When it hits 50C?

Umm.. is the 43 degrees from the earlier post idle, or load? If it's idle, then you should get better case fans, not the case, because it's must be pretty big to fit a s-1283.

^^^ What you're saying is just plain dumb, no offense, with all of those things on, and while playing games, you will still notice it's still fast. it's not that his HDD is clogged, but each core is lower than what the other 8400 is set to.

Umm.. is the 43 degrees from the earlier post idle, or load? If it's idle, then you should get better case fans, not the case, because it's must be pretty big to fit a s-1283.

HWMonitor hit 48C on Core#2, OC'd at 2.8, just browsing the internet.

I thought I had the king of all cooling cases, NZXT Tempest :(

Any suggestions?

HWMonitor hit 48C on Core#2, OC'd at 2.8, just browsing the internet.

I thought I had the king of all cooling cases, NZXT Tempest :(

May I bold the "not the case?"

I said your fans, because I don't think 43 degrees idle with a S-1283 isn't about right, with a good airflow. If you get something to blow the hot air away from the CPU cooler, and out of the case. MAybe you just need outtake fans.

May I bold the "not the case?"

I said your fans, because I don't think 43 degrees idle with a S-1283 isn't about right, with a good airflow. If you get something to blow the hot air away from the CPU cooler, and out of the case. MAybe you just need outtake fans.

I have 2 outtake fans, maybe I just need to take a duster to it?

Actually q6600 can't clock for crap anymore :D

Any reason why vernong said that? (Was in another post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom