SLI Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastshot

In Runtime
Ok, bare with me on this one, as this is my First attempt at going SLI.
Long story short, My friend has recently upgraded his video card to an XfX 8600gt XXX. I had an extra card laying around, pretty much NIB XFX 8600gt XXX that I am sure of worked. I installed both cards today, Installed the bridge between the cards, and the extra 4 pin power to the motherboard. The computer started up, and was displaying in 640 x 480 and 4 bit colors. I updated the drivers for both cards, and now the display looks normal.
Now if your still reading, heres the step I'm stuck on. Under the devices page, it shows that one of the 8600gt's has a problem( a little yellow triangle w/ "!") Saying how it doesn't have enough resources. I Figure this will go away once i enable SLI, However, I can't. I'm reading the manual for the Mobo, and step three says to click "properties Icon" Under "Nview desktop manager". However, There is no Properties to click? Any Ideas?

Video card is XFX 8600gt XXX
Mobo Is Biostar USA
And I'm using windows XP home

hmm i dont know that is odd. your running xp right? i set up sli with 2 8600gt's a long time ago on my nforce 570 sli never had a problem like this

and have you updated to latest nvidia drivers? also is it a possibility that it's a irq conflict?

yes. ironic how there is a update that says fixed sli issue under the drivers. so go ahead and grab those drivers from the link you provided.

Alright, Where else can I get drivers for that chipset? The Biostar Website only has drivers for the Non-sli version of the board,thats odd....

Biostar TForce4 SLI drivers
Does this site look reputable?

Thanks a bunch for the help so far! Major Kudos
:Edit:
I'll have to try that on Sunday when I go over again,It's late and He's got an interview early tomorrow, so no time for me to get over until then, unless I can just send him a link to run the Exe...

sorry for bringing up this thread again, but I still haven't resolved the issue.
After searching around for a solution to the "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" Yellow triangle error under device manager, I think i have an IRQ problem. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom