*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

wasnt there a presler core somewhere in there, or am i just stupid right now

preslers were the Pentium D 9xx series of CPU, the P4s on LGA 775 were Gallatin (really old... 130nm), Prescott (tends to run quite hot, 90nm), Prescott 2M (also marketed as a Xeon Irwindale, added Intel64 instructions, TM2 and EIST, as well as expanded 2MiB cache... 90nm) and the legendary Cedar Mill (a 65nm shrink of the Prescott 2M, reducing the TDP to 65W... added Virtualisation Technology)

i wanna crack up some LN2 as well... might get into it next year when i start doing some low temp physics for uni... that way i have a reason to take their LN2 or even helium... seriously, i walked into a lab the other day and they had a 500L dewar of liquid helium sitting on a trolley... figured i could probably sneak out with it! lol

yeah... i just looked at it and thought "10GHz anyone?!" that would be some serious cooling... cept for the fact that helium cant hold a load for **** (about 85J/mol) and a CPU wouldnt really boot at 4K... id still try it tho... might help my prescott out with that heat issue lol

lol 10ghz any one? too bad this new mobo i will be getting does not support my pentium d. this one supports ddr3. i might try to pick up an uber cheap p45 board and see how high i can overclock this bad boy.

Yeah at 4k I think the room would be frozen. There is no way the system is booting. I wonder what happens to electricity at the temperature. Physics gets weird at extreme temps.

the electricity freezes :D , no not really, you cant freeze electricity, but that's pretty cold.

A wonder how a pentium m would do at really high speeds.

There basically the grandfather of the core chips.

Back
Top Bottom