*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

nos you still got to beat my pentium d in super pi with your p4. i dont think you can :p

but the p4's are stupid. it would be nice to have a board that can take my pentium d higher than 3.7ghz. how high can those p4's get? and some of those p4's dont have 2mb of cache per core like my D does.

8ghz+ was achieved through LN2. I guarantee the p4 will clock higher than the PD. After all the PD is two P4's stuck together. Runs hotter and the more cores you add the poorer the OC will be.

holy crap 8ghz that's freaking awesome :D i kindve figured the p4 would clock higher. my cpu idles at 35-40c and load never breaks 50c. this mobo is the only thing holding me back.

well 50c was running intel burn in test i mean gameing i have never seen it go past 45c and my room gets pretty hot. i guess the temp in ther is about 80F

your d can clock to about 5.8GHz on LN2, but Cedar Mills have been known to clock to 8GHz... if its a prescott core it'll top out around 6.5GHz, but you can get later Prescotts with 2MB of cache, which can clock up to 7.6GHz on LN2...

so with a Cedar Mill or Prescott 2M core i think nos should win, but the cache limitation of the Prescotts will make it hard if nos is using one of those chips

nice temps... im almost compelled to send you one of my old boards to see what you can with it! lol

i wish i could afford ln2 cooling, but sadly i am too broke. this cooler has been serving me well. i picked it up on xoxide.com about a year and a half ago and has been cooling strong.

nos i'm not sure what you mean? my pentium d is a presler core.

Back
Top Bottom