*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

stock cooler right now.. i don't have a backplate for i7 on this dtek..

and temps have dropped.. its 49ish idle now, i'll try full load

cpuz is telling me my multi is at 22... weird? this is only a 20 multi cpu??? 3.0ghz? i'm confused already...

WHOOOO DOGGYYYYY.... had to end burn test!!! hitting 90+ degrees!!!! cpu throttled itself down to 14 multi doing so!! jesus, time for a remount and re application of thermal paste!

okay burn testing it again with a new layer of paste and mount.. and bumped the voltage to 1.34v and getting 77c intel burn test.. seems better.. but still uneasy

whats ur voltage at stock settings? Mine does get to 70 on load with stock cooler, its a hot little thing

ya, this thing does get hot, it scares me!! i've been spoiled with water for a while now, and its just weird having temps like these!!!

i'm just gonna leave it stock for the meantime

this stock hsf is seriously a joke!!!! the fan hardly even spins... i can stop it with my finger without hesitation

yeah the stock sink is pretty useless... you can get pretty far with it, but it'll be one scary ride... i've seen a core i7 hit 3.55GHz on a stock cooler, but the temps were up around 90-100°C at full load, but still fully stable, which is a good sign

EDIT: oh yeah... you should be able to reach 4GHz on any aftermarket cooler with about 1.325-1.35V across the core and 1.3V on the QPI (although you can go up to 1.4V without a problem)... also, you can enable the C-state changing, as they no longer change the clock speeds, and will help you get better temps at idle... you also might wanna disable Virtualisation and that kinda junk which isnt really used... and if there's a way to add some differential amplitude through the BIOS that should help with OCing the QPI... and you MUST (if you dont your clock jumps all over the place) enable HPET (which is called ACPI2 on Asus boards, at least)

EDIT2: I forgot to mention... this is something that ABSOLUTELY MUST be doen... keep the DRAM voltage within 0.5V of the QPI voltage... this was the problem which required 1.65V DIMMs and a JEDEC respec... you can run your RAM at a high voltage as long as you keep that 0.5V maximum spread in mind

Back
Top Bottom