Lets say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
Lets just say...
I bought a 17 inch LCD monitor that was cheap.

And I currently have a 24" monitor already hooked up.

The video card is a 4850.

If I hook up the 17 Inch LCD Monitor to the 4850(And unplug the 24")..will I get better performance in games then I would with the 24" monitor?

And also...Lets says I kept the 24" plugged in into 1 DVI port, and plugged the 17" into the other DVI port, and then pressed the power button on the 24"...would it effect the performance increase on the 17" monitor?

Sorry if this seems stupid.
But I really would appreciate a good answer so I can understand this fully.
Thanks.

the 17" will have a lower resolution, so yes, it will have higher framerates. but it wont look as good. so, depends on wether you want high performance or great resolution. a 4850 should drive a 24" in most games no problem.
plugging in the second monitor will not affect the first. but you have to set up the second monitor to be able to use it, plugging it in and turning it on wont really do anything. you have to dictate which monitor is primary etc etc.

Yeh u can set the option to have gpu acceleration on either monitor and it wont be affected by having the other one connected (although the other one will be extremely slow for any 3d stuff). The 17" performance should be better, but personally if i had a 24 inch i would only use that to game on (and i have a 22" and a 17").

yeah just use ur 24", games dont look nowhere as good on a low res. or if u wnana run crysis ultra high sell your 4850 or get crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom