Just Insalled XP...Need Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Hey,

I just installed WinXP. My computer came with Vista, and I wanted XP back. Naturally there are no XP drivers provided. I got video and networking setup, but I just need some sound drivers. I have a Conexant HD Audio card. My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6772nr.

Thanks

I've googled a lot. No matter what I find, nothing works. It says, and I quote, "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver." So, I donno what to do. I've tried a lot of different things.

I just went to HP's site and noticed the paragraph below as a prerequisite to installing the driver. Did you see that on the HP site ? Maybe you did, but just in case you didn't I thought I would point that out.

Code:
Operating system(s):    Microsoft Windows XP 

Download file size:      6.12M 

System Requirements 

SoftPaq Number SP31994, "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio," (or later) must be installed on the notebook before installing this SoftPaq. Look for SP31994 (or later) on the Software and Driver Downloads section of the www.hp.com website.

Conexant High Definition Audio Driver Version: 3.18.0.50 A

I was looking at this link:

Code:
[url=http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-40619-1]Conexant High Definition Audio Driver[/url]

Nadda, it doesn't work. I've installed both this, and the UAA link in the requirements and it still doesn't work. I'm still getting the error :(

Maybe you can try looking in Device Manager and see if the soundcard has a yellow exclamation mark or a red x signifying a device problem. Then you could right-click the problematic device and click Properties then click the Troubleshooting button to see what info it gives (usually cryptic and not helpful, but hey you never know).

I'm going to ask something that sounds really dumb, but is the Windows Volume control in the taskbar enabled, and not muted ? I am really reaching but everyone makes mistakes and I am trying to think of whatever I can to help.

Well aside from the fact that it's not there. Every time there should be a sound (like a Windows kah bum!) it just BEEPS loudly. Also if you go into control panel and click on "Sounds and Audio Devices" it says "No Audio Device".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom