*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

what problems can it cause me? inform me plz...
i like that it doesnt have any voltage spikes or droop at any time. is that bad? how so? now you got me a-thinkin'...
i have read that it could be bad because of spikes under load...but mine NEVER leaves 1.240V under load.

found this:
AnandTech: Overclocking Intel's New 45nm QX9650: The Rules Have Changed

interesting.

the article is retarded.

I have used it since it was available and it's a wonderful feature.

dont get me started on LLC... its screws with the differential amplifier circuit, and at high voltages, this will cause a huge level of current "jitter" you can offset it using a well calculated clock skew (in which case you have to keep the voltage constant), but you'll get to a point (voltage wise) where the current will oscillate with a sufficiently large amplitude that you wont be able to keep it stable regardless

so LLC can be useful to help you get a bit more of an OC (in the "low" end), but if you want to get a bigger 24/7 OC (requiring higher voltage) LLC will absolutely rape your stability... so the only real solution to droop is a hard mod

the voltages at which these problems occur are more than anyone would want ot run a wolfie 24/7

Mine gives 1.392V idle 1.392V load. Perfect for 4.4ghz

That said, I do prefer hard mod as well and might do it if I get the time.

yeah it really depends on the fabrication of the circuits, so the critical voltage changes from board to board, but on average its around 1.48-1.55V on most P45s... but yes, you wouldn't really wanna run a 45nm chip at that kinda voltage 24/7, so its ok for most people, but if you're gonna go for a suicide pi run or something, i find its better to have LLC off

wow. so i run at 1.240V. i wont do anything over 1.45, and then only maybe to shut nos up lol. and i dont do suicide runs (hardly hah hah).
so, i have guru on one hand saying "use it"
and 3rd on the other hand saying "dont use it"

i think it has helped me, seems guru and i talked about it when we first got our mobos...
now what do i do lol?

"As we have discussed before Loadline Calibration is best left disabled, especially when using the newer 45nm CPUs. Our testing has shown these settings induce power instabilities, even when using lower voltages. In addition, when enabled the option sometimes requires more CPU voltage than would otherwise be necessary, meaning increased power dissipation and higher temperatures."
From anandtech

Back
Top Bottom