GF 8800GTS 512MB, highest resolution and LCD size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
I am looking into a new monitor right now and I have seen a few 24" on sale. What is the biggest size I should get as far as resolution goes for a single 8800 GTS 512, AMD X2 64 6400, 2GB RAM?

One of the 24" I am looking at says it supports up to 1920 x 1200 resolution.

Is there any adverse affect using lower resolution on a larger monitor compared to on a smaller 22" or 19" scree?

thats a bangin deal! there is no way you should get a 19" vs a 24" if you can afford it, the difference is amazing.
and yes your card will work just fine with that monitor.

Thanks guys.

Here is one I am looking at

Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X24WG-1080P Black 24" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 4000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

That 19" for $100 is very tempting, I like the idea of a big screen though I just want to make sure it works well with one video card. Later I could get another one and SLI them but I don't want to worry about that for now.
at the prices 8800gts are new you would be better off getting a newer card later my new 8800gts i bought last month costed me 199.99. if i saved a lilte bit more i could have gotte na gtx260 core216 if i had sold my current 8800gts but im still happy.

Yep, I have one 8800 GTS 512 now. I think I am going to go for that monitor, I really like the idea of a big screen, I can't wait to finish World In Conflict on that beast.

i think he already has the card, he's looking for a new monitor.

he said he was looking into sli down the road what i said is forget sli down the road because of the cost of a new 8800gts unless he gets one used otherwise get a newer more powerfull gpu for when he does decide to go sli/upgrade down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom