AlienWare Area-51 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy I came to this forum. You guys probably just saved me a lot of money. I am using Norton AV right now so I'll change to a better Anti-virus.

Thanks

I still love the way AlienWare computers look. They're so cool.
You're welcome.

They may look "cool" but they're made cheaply. Just ask Ric0h, on these forums. He bought an alienware case (after we gave him many reasons not to do so), an then he complained about it when he got it.

what exactly is it doing??

It's been reporting some things as false positives (flash component, and then a critical windows component).

Well they shut their update servers off for a while until they got it fixed I think. That way nobody else would get the update. We have AVG on all of our comptuers around work (thanks to me heh...we used to have Norton on them lol), and they weren't updating for about a week or so, but none of them had any problems like that.

You're welcome.

They may look "cool" but they're made cheaply. Just ask Ric0h, on these forums. He bought an alienware case (after we gave him many reasons not to do so), an then he complained about it when he got it.

It's been reporting some things as false positives (flash component, and then a critical windows component).

sounds a bit weird

stated many times in this thread. just build a computer. views some tutroials on how to install certain parts. like CPU Mobo gfx Card. very simple. im going it for the first time in a couple of weeks. im pretty excited.
but if you were going to play $1000 that is a very good machine if you pick your parts right. on newegg alot of things are free shipping too so you wont pay out of your *** for something just for shipping.
but with $1000 like i said you can have a good machine on your hands.
what do you have in mind maybe we can suggest some things to you.

I'm so happy I came to this forum. You guys probably just saved me a lot of money.

Oh no lol. We did not save you a lot of money. We're just going to advise a MUCH better build for $1,000. With$1,000 isn't a 4870 1GB/GTX 260 (216 Core) and E8600 build possible?

E8600+4870/GTX 260 will SLAUGHTER anything Alienware will offer at $1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom