My cousin needs a new vid card for his laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
He has integrated graphics or something, and it is no good.

He has 2 gigs of ram and an intel pentium dual cpu T2230 A 1.60GHz (2 CPUs),~1.6GHz

What is the best card he can get that won't be bottle necked by this stuff?

He just got the laptop a little less than a year ago, so I'm pretty sure whatever is new should fit. Idk, I'm not familiar with laptops.

You can't update graphics in a laptop, unless there's already a separate moble card in it, and even then its rare you can upgrade it.

Most you can upgrade is RAM and HDD in them...CPU can be tough because you have to tear apart the whole laptop most of the time.

So does he have an open slot for a new video card? Is there even a slot for one? Is there an open slot where the output can be seen/used? You haven't given us any info on what he has for a laptop. Have you found a card that will work for him? Can you even buy one?

Just because you can replace a video card on some laptops, doesnt mean you can on all laptops. Laptops are specifically built, and are designed to all fit in one way.

Edit:
Notice in that video he's replacing an already EXISTING video card in the laptop. You said your friend has integrated, so there's no way he'll be able to upgrade that, because that's built onto the motherboard of the laptop. And it looks like the guy in the video card is just replacing a bad card with one of the same model.

So if there is integrated graphics, there is no chance there is a slot for a graphics card? I'll see if I can find out if he has room.

edit: He says he has a dell inspiron 1525

Edited by ricanflow...please dont double post.

No, it has integrated graphics, which means it doesnt have a separate GPU to even attempt to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom