AlienWare Area-51 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptiGuy

Baseband Member
I have always liked AlienWare computers so I am wanting to get an Area-51 computer.

I was going to buy the standard $1,049 model and add on the Norton Antiviruse and I'd just upgrade it and add on more things later.

Is this a good computer?

Most definitely not, for that price you can build something better.. or buy one from another company

No.

Its not, because its an alienware computer,and they overcharge/overprice things.

Build your own. That's what everybody is going to recommend here for you to do. Its extremely simple, and as long as you give us a budget, we can put a nice one together for you.

Also, Norton AV sucks. There's plenty of antiviruses out there that are better, and free. Check out this thread, please: http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/tech-forums-top-rated-antivirus-167005/

Whoa? He mentioned Norton?!?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOO!!! Stay away from Norton.. sucks.. I'd say go with Avast or Nod32, free and way better

for the love of god dont do it, i was in the same boat looking into alianware but i found other companeys ofering more for relativly less money. so do what every one is going to say and build your own.

I'm so happy I came to this forum. You guys probably just saved me a lot of money. I am using Norton AV right now so I'll change to a better Anti-virus.

Thanks

I still love the way AlienWare computers look. They're so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom