New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiZE

Baseband Member
Well my friend is going to build the best build possible. Can you give suggestions.

We are thinking of core I7 and tri-sli gtx 280. What motherboard is best?

Seriously, is he sure he wants to do that? If you deck your rig out with everything possible, including monitors and such, you'll be paying a serious some of money. I mean, you can easily spend like 700 on ram if you want to do that. That is insane. On top of that, if he is going to do some raid configurations with the best hdds, which he would need if he was getting the best build possible, it would be insane. I would suggest putting some sort of budget up. If he doesn't, this will be like $5000-$10000.

Well, I'll let someone else better than me give you the mobo and internal part info, but I will say, yes, tri-sli those bad boys. Also, if he doesn't mind looking around and wants to see a lot of pixels, buy 3 30" monitors. He'll have to sit back a few feet maybe. Maybe 3 24" monitors would be better.

Get this too: NOVINT

$200 is too much for me for something like that, but it is pretty sweet.

Yeah, how did he become a millionaire? What does he do?

i take it that he isn't super computer savvy so he won't be able to really set up a raid array or any of that... but here goes.

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 Nehalem 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory x2

Newegg.com - SONY Black & Gray 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 8X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Blu-ray Disc Recordable/Rewritable Drive Model BWU300S - Blu-Ray Burners

Newegg.com - G.SKILL FM-25S2S-128GB 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks x2 raid0

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives x2 raid1

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling T12W 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V2110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX2801024E GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards x3

then cooling of your choice. I would recommend putting it all under water, maybe not the gpu's but you could if you wanted, and that would run you probably close to 500-600 bucks.

total for all that minus cooling is 5,269.90 and then shipping.

3 30" moniters? That would make me blind. He owns some grocery stores..
Yeah he knows how to set up raid

why would you buy a 52" 650 series.. the 850/950 are so much better... and why only a 52.. 60+

or a new pioneer.. those are smexy.

can you crossfire 2...or even 3?... ati 4870 x2s? id do that instead of the 280s if there is no budget :)

you can crossfire 4870x2's for quadfire but you can't do octofire or 6x crossfire. and the gtx280's out perform 2 4870x2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom