New Rig, ordering Friday, last check!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hi; I'll be ordering this "Black Friday" there are suppose to be some deals which as of this moment are unknown to me but I hope to get some more discount on this hardware for my new rig!! Plz feedback would be greatly appreciated and considered like always :).

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Note: I'm still not sure about that video card, I'm mainly going to use it to watch 1080p movies on my 46" HDTV TV, I think a 9800GT would be fine for that, but I would like you opinion or feedback on that matter.

Total would be around $704.94 without shipping. (prices may go down or up depending.. on newegg)

Thank You once again for taking your time and Happy Thanksgiving's Day :)

[Update]

I change the hard disk for a better deal which runs for about the same price but I get more for my money .

I got that PSU on my corrent rig and is awesome!! I might consider it for the new rig.. I'm trying to save some money and thats why I would prefer going with something little cheaper.

As for the video card I honestly can't say I'm a fan of open boxes products I really don't trust them.

Well I know everyone hates on AMD these days, but I'm building a similar rig and I thought I'd just point out that you can get a phenom 9950 and an HD 4870 for only $5 more than the e8400/hd4850 combo (Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!). It's true that the E8400 (when overclocked at least) is better for gaming, but the 9950 is better for most other applications (and also overclocks quite well). Quad cores are quickly becoming the norm as more and more applications are starting to utilize them fully, so it would be more future-proof. The HD 4870 is also a big improvement over the 4850.

Currently I'm building a rig with the same case, same memory, the $5 more WD 1TB drive (which comes with a free 36" SATA cable, though you have to select it under combo deals for the drive), an OCZ 700W PSU (which, though I admit Corsair is the king when it comes to PSU's, this one's more powerful and also extremely well reviewed), a 790gx motherboard, and the 9950/HD4870 combo.

After mail-in-rebates and before shipping it's only $694.

Though if you're strictly Intel, you should at least consider the Q6600; you could get the same motherboard with an OEM 6600 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.141748) and a decent aftermarket cpu cooler (which are good to have, especially for intel boards) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150010) for only about $10 more than what you're paying for the E8400/UD3P.

The Q6600 would be better for most tasks besides gaming.

newegg has already posted their black friday deals..if you're going to buy without the next 1-3 days...might as well be now.

looks great :]

accually the diff between the e8500 and e8400 is 300mhz, i dont call that beating the crap out of it. and the e8400 can be overclocked past 4ghz. so it's a win-win situitation with the e8X00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom