Single Large or Dual Small Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
Well, Black Friday is coming up, and I figure it's a good time to upgrade monitors.

Right now, I'm using a five year old 17" eMachines CRT that I picked up at a yard sale because it was in better condition than my 12 year old one is.

I was looking at some of the deals on Newegg.com and the like, and it seemed like in some cases I could get a 22" LCD or two 19" LCDs for similar prices.

Most of the 22" I saw were 1680x1050 resolution, and most of the 19" were 1440x900 res, so I'm thinking the two smaller LCDs would give me a lot more usable screen area. There was an Acer 19" with a 1680x1050 res screen for a bit more - would something like that still have readable text?

I also do some gaming - mostly Steam games (Half-Life 1,2, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, Portal, Counterstrike) with the occasional strategy game (Civilization 3 usually) - but I would probably use it for playing back videos, watching TV, that sort of thing.

Also, because there aren't many stores with a decent selection of computer monitors here (Circuit City, Staples, and Walmart nearby with a Best Buy and Office Depot about an hour away), I was thinking of ordering off Newegg. How are they with monitors?

What would you recommend?

i'd go with one larger monitor if you're going to be watching movies and such and gaming. 2 smaller monitors would be kinda meh in my opinion..

Newegg are great I would reccomend you get a single 22" generally samsung and dells are good brands for gaming, Asus and Benq are a bit better at video in my experience. The problem with two screens is that the majority of games don't support dual screen and you end up with the bezel going through the centre which can be annoying in videos.

or what about having one 22in and one 19in. use the 22in for the desktop and games and the 19in for extra space if needed. thats what i do with my 20in acer and a 17in crt monitor.

As of right now I have PLENTY of desk space as well. This thread made me think about getting another 22" as well.

One for browsing and one for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom