GTX 260 core 216 worth it to upgrade? 8800 GTX comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going from personal experience, i can get a good $30-$40 for the game and i dont have to use ebay.

I know youve made up your mind, im just saying its a steal right now i mean the GTX 260 launched at $400 with no game and just 192 shaders. Now you can get a 216 shader plus a game for $240 shipped. And when overclocked, you have a GTX 280 which was a $500+ dollar card.

You need to refer me to the "not so smart" people buying your games, because paying $30-$40 for a used or even brand new game sounds a lot like a GameStop style rip off to me...most brand spanking new PC games retail for $40 at the store...

I understand your opinion concerning that the GTX 260 is a good deal by todays standards. Lastly I don't get why people compare the GTX 260 core216 to a GTX 280 "if overclocked"...couldn't a GTX 280 just surpass that performance when it also overclocks?

The game included with the cards is new, and most pc games launch at $50.

Anyways, the core 216 is a good deal cause lets say you get two of them in SLI, well you can surpass GTX 280 SLI performance and save $320 compared to getting two GTX 280's.

Plus youll get two copies of FC2, which you can sell off and get another $60 bucks in your pocket. Its common sense really, its just a good deal whether you get one or two.

And newer games are getting more shader intensive, plus lots of vram = smoother framerates at higher resolutions and more AA/AF.

like I said earlier, whats the point of even arguing that? Isn't it reasonable to assume that if GTX 260s are OCed so often, that GTX 280s would be OCed as well and therefore beat it?

If you are a cheapskate like me, and want super bang for the buck, the GTX 260+ is a better buy

Most of us can't afford $400+ Video Cards (actually $100 in my case haha)

If you are a cheapskate like me, and want super bang for the buck, the GTX 260+ is a better buy

Most of us can't afford $400+ Video Cards (actually $100 in my case haha)

dont feel bad vern i have no monies right now either. if i had $100 i would get rid of this pos pentium.

Here is my opinion. Left 3 Dead GFX stink. The 260 is twice as powerful as a 8800 and not a single person here can say otherwise. It is my opinion and it can not be proven wrong.

Let me make this crystal clear.

That is my opinion and not a single thing any person on this site can say or tell me can prove that it is wrong. It is my opinion which i am entilted to have no matter what it is.

Is that clear enough? If not let me say this. The time has come when people telling others that their opinion is wrong cause it does not agree with theirs is over. There is no wrong opinion. We each believe something different. That is the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom