Weird Issue - Can't seem to place the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepkos

Baseband Member
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9407/dscn2714ce8.jpg

When playing different games, seems to do this with every game I play. The computer stalls than crashes/restarts, sometimes popping up the above bsod. I thought it was the GPU drivers at first but they are completely up-to-date.

Current Computer Setup
Case: Coolmaster Wave Master Case(Black)
Mobo: ASUS M2N Deluxe SLI
CPU: AMD X2 Dual Core 6000+
Optical Drives: 2x 20x DVD-RW Lightscribe
RAM: 2-GiG DDR2 Kingston Hyper-X 800mhz
GPU: 768mb eVGA Geforce 8800GTX PCI-E
Floppy: 1.44 Floppy Drive Reader/7-1 Card Reader
Sound Card:Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Operating System:Microsoft Windows MediaCenter 2002
PSU:Thermaltake 750watt SLI PSU
Sound System: Logitech x530 5.1 Speakers
HDD: 500 GiG Seagate HDD
Mouse: G5 Optical Mouse
Keyboard: G15 Gaming keyboard
Gamepad: Logitech RumblePad 2

Hello,

I see that you have 'Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2002' installed. Have you installed the Windows XP SP2 to upgrade it to MCE version 2004, or better yet, have you installed the Windows XP SP3 service pack?

Also, have you updated drivers for all your hardware devices such as the chipset?

Hello,

I see that you have 'Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2002' installed. Have you installed the Windows XP SP2 to upgrade it to MCE version 2004, or better yet, have you installed the Windows XP SP3 service pack?

Also, have you updated drivers for all your hardware devices such as the chipset?

I updated the chipset, GPU drivers and downloaded and installed the latest Windows Updates including the SP3 service pack.

Still having the same issues.

Bug Check 0xB8: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

I use bug check for all of my BSOD's now thanks to mak in a similar thread. the 6000+ hasn't had any issues with me. honestly?

Start with the hard ware. You only have one HDD, so, do you have a single stick of ram or two sticks? I uninstalled my two sticks of ram, reinstalled one, rebooted. Ran the pc for a while. Then shut down, reinstalled the second stick and I noticed my graphics drivers were GONE.

So, reinstalled the gpu drivers. Rebooted again. plugged in my second drive. Then went the extra mile, unplugged everything, (power, connections) and took out my motherboard battery. I've had the machine running two days straight without any BSOD interruptions. So, start with hardware and work backwards into software.

Did you use Driver Cleaner Pro?

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

That will completely remove the GFX Drivers from the system.

Well, I downloaded the other free shareware Drive cleaning software and used it. First I had uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled the CD software drivers that actually came with the GPU, then I was going to uinstall those drivers as recommended by the software before using it.

Typically I do this with add or remove programs, but for some reason NVIDIA drivers weren't listed so I went ahead and used the Driver cleaner to begin with, it highlighted all the display driver files and I went to "clean" them. It cleaned most of them with the exception of a few which it kept popping up an error message. :S

After that, I reinstalled the latest EVGA GPU drivers, rebooted the computer and started up the game which ran for a good 20-30 minutes before the computer froze. I manually restarted the computer to find that the settings were stuck on 1280x960px. Immediately I went to add or remove programs to try and uninstall the new drivers, though I found NVIDIA drivers in the listing, it prompted me that this did not exist, so I removed it from the list and installed the newest drivers...again, restarted the computer to find it returned back to the original settings.

No other updates yet. Ugh, annoying.

Still crashing, also crashes to bsod if I am rendering a video.

The bsod's usually vary from 0x0b8 to 0x0c4.

I uninstalled the newest drivers and installed an older driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom