Building a Rig (Brand New To This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NasFM

Solid State Member
so i need some opinions. i was on Newegg.com and i chose the parts that i thought were pretty good to fit my budget of $750
I am completely new to this and i would like lots of second opinions on the specs i am about to post.
So here they are:
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3 ghz

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply

SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM

NZXT Alpha Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Open Window - Retail

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

and Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - OEM

now to be honest im a little scared on building this.
for the most part is what if everything doesnt work or is not compatible.

i also have a question about vista. so once all the hardware is correctly installed in the case, do i just pop the operating system disk in? and from then on install the drivers from the necessary hardwares?

also about always being grounded out when putting these things together.
that scared of that too.

so im open to all opinions good or bad. suggestions, or anything really.
i just want to make my first building experience a good one and not one that was an epic fail.

thanks a lot

-Joe

yaeh it will all be compatible. one thing i would recommend would to get a SATA optical drive as they are faster and better.. and you won't need to upgrade from that for a while. other then that you're good, and you're right about the os and don't worry about grounding yourself, just touch the side of the case, like the bare metal, before you start popping in components.

awesome im looking up a similar priced SATA right now.
i have untill Dec 10th before i purchase this so that gives a couple of weeks
on deciding and debating. but i appreciate your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom