Best fanless graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subxuk

Baseband Member
Hi im looking for a gfx card that has to be fanless, ideally nvidia or ati obviously, but a decent one like less than $100 (£50) and good enough to play say typical EA games like NHL, Fifa etc, what would you suggest?

We need more info....

What kind of card do you need? AGP? PCI? PCI Express?
And how old are the games? How demanding are the games?

Ok, here are lists of cards in that price range for the different slots......
AGP cards.... - 19 Results

PCI Cards.... - 27 Results

PCI Express x16.... - 43 Results

PCI Express 2.0 x16.... - 35 Results

And for reference, here is a link to the GPU ranking thread, to give you an idea of where each card sits....
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-card-rankings-139202/

i wana play all recent games in the last year, dnt mind at a lower reolustion like 1280x1024 is good enough, PCI Express x16 ideally, will a version 2.0 PCI Express x16 card work in my MSI Neo 965 motherboard? which is about 2 years old?

Thanks!

Yes, the PCI Express 2.0 x16 will work in the board, but the board does NOT have a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.... So the only reason for you to get a 2.0 card would be future use in a different motherboard...

You might also want to have another member verify that the 2.0 will work in your board. It SHOULD be fully back-wards compatible.

i currently have a pci e x16 card fitted on my mobo, its an older one those version 1.0 m,ost likely, 2 years old, so a 2.0 will defo fit intlo the same x16 slot?

so what is the best fanless pci express x16 card at the moment? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom