*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

Ricanflow and I were talking about a new CPU for me.. (like in the afternoon)

Not sure if I want to though

i would be suprised to see that with 4830's i really would. andeven then it takes a consierable amont of ocing to get the 4850's to break 20k. 18 ad up it starts getting tough.

its not the cards. Its the cpu. Go to hwbot and you'll see 22k w/ 4850's

its not the cards. Its the cpu. Go to hwbot and you'll see 22k w/ 4850's

I think AMD pulled a flip-flop as opposed to the 3800's and 2900's..

I think they focused on GPU Performance over synthetic performance idk... maybe it was a coincidence

yea ive seen that ive seen 22k 8800gts's even and 21k 8800gt's. but it is still a strugle, no system to date will go over 20k with out any sort of over clocking.

on the cpu atleast. We all know how cpu dependent 3dmark is. Anyone one can hit 20k w/ decent cards and a good cpu

edit: shoot teh cards barely even need to be overclocked if at all

if you can't hit 16k with a single card... you more than likely will not hit 20k.. this i promise you

2900xt's were one of 3dmarks favorite cards... they clocked like mad crazy high and seemed optimized for 3dmark

You can also fry an egg on them and blow circuit breakers like nothing. They held records for quite a while

Well.... I am ATTEMPTING to overclock.... so far, I am seeing funny things at STOCK speeds though......

I am getting conflicting reports of CPU multiplier & speed between CPU-Z and Core Temp.

CPU-Z shows: 333 x 8.0 @ 2.66 GHz
Coretemp shows: 333 x 8.5 @ 2.83 GHz

I confirmed that the BIOS is set for 333 x 8.5 @ 2.83 GHz

OC1.jpg

Everything was good, temps were good.

I tried running it at 350 x 8.0 @ 2.80 GHz, and it was fine, but then 3DMark06 would crash while running. First attempt went to about 5 seconds before last test was finished.... After that, it wouldn't even run through the first test....

I tried also 400 x 7.5 @ 3.00 GHz, and Win XP wouldn't even BOOT....

I dunno how to do this stuff.... lol. Perhaps it needs more voltage, or the A Stepping, E0 Revision is just a bad one to OC? More likely PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)....

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom