psu help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
the 750tx has both 20 pin and 24 pin. i have to spots on my mobo one is a 20 and the other is a 4 pin 12v so do i just seperate the 24 pin and plug the 20 in the 20 pin slot and the 4 in the 12v 4 pin slot?

The 20pin and 24pin connectors are present to accomidate both new and old boards alike since many older boards will see a 20pin main power connection while Pentium and newer boards see the usual 20+4pin slot.

A separat 4wire molex type plug is the actual 12v cpu feed you plug in near the cpu socket on the board. Some newer boards coming out at this time now see a P8 8wire power feed for the cpu.

is what im confused about is that i take the 4 pins off the connector to fit my older board and there is no other 4 pin plug for the one by the cpu.

edit: after looking closer one of the cables i thought to be pci e was the 8 pin 12v that splits into two 4 pins

That's the newer P8 type for use on both older and the latest boards out. You often see one part with a cover on it and simply use the other. The main 24pin connector usually sees a smaller 4pin pop off section for the old 20pin mains seen on old Socket A, 754 AMD boards or pre Pentium Intel models.

The introduction of the P4 line saw the extra power feed introduced there. The latest quad core boards are now seeing 8pin sockets at this time over the typical 4pin common on both Intel and AMD boards that followed being 939, AMD2(940), AM3 for AMD, and Socket 478, 775 for Intel.

That's always good news! Lately quite a few people have been getting tripped up with the P8 connector now being seen.

lucky u didnt put that +4 connector that meant to be with the 20p in the 12v atx connector, im sure you would have seen sum smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom