Sapphire's 4870 w/ cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inserity

Baseband Member
Hi all,

So I'm thinking about upgrading my 8800GT to a 4870. Sapphire put out a 4870 with a different cooler (Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards) and I was wondering if it's worth it to get that one rather than the original card. Has anyone tried this card out? Does it have a better cooling solution?

Also @ 16x10 res, 1GB or 512mb? I could possibly upgrade to 19x12 so would it "future proof" me?

Thanks

the sapphire looks better in my opinion. and the sapphire also looks like the asus dark knight with a plastic cover over it.

Oh sweet. Looks like I've been out of the loop for a while. So Trotter, you like the ASUS because it performs better or you like the look of it? Both coolers should get the job done and perform better than the standard cooler right?

And it's def worth going for 1GB then right?

I got a thermalright hr-03 gt cooler with fan for sale if you need 1. Keeps the card at upper 30's to low 40's idle. Low 50's in game.

I think the coolers they put on these are decent enough not to take them apart. Thanks for the offer though.

One more question, should I opt for the overclocked Toxic card? Any advantages?

Thanks a ton guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom