i8 need help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the question he wanted to ask....besides upgrades...is....can he overclock his GPU? he wants to overclock his ATI 9550, not his P4, to see if games can run better without having to do upgrades. His system is beyond warrock requirements....I believe it should run just fine for him, seeing as I can run it at 55fps with a chipset and only 128mb of memory.

well to overclock your graphics card use riva tuner. and i dont know how far you can push that 9000 but it probobly wont go far.

and try not to double post

click where i have circled and when the menu opens up click on the thing that looks like a video card. then moove the sliders towards the right or left to increse or decrese clocks speed

Google overclocking ati 9550 and see if you can find a average overclock and temperature to get a idea of where you should be. Then trial and error.
Raise your gpu clock a little bit, like 10mhz, then run a artifact checker (I believe there is one in ati tool) for about 20 minutes.
If you get no artifacts (it will tell you if it finds one and then reset its clock) then go ahead and up the clock some more, keep doing that till you get artifacts and then drop down 10-20mhz to be safe.
Then go ahead and adjust your cards ram speed the same way.
Make sure you keep a eye on the cards temperature to make sure it doesn't get to hot(RivaTuner and I believe ati tool should have a function for that).

Its been a long time since I had my ati 9800 but I remember looking up stuff for it and I do believe the old 9500 card could be flashed to a 9700 which made it a lot faster. Try googling that to and see if the 9550 can also be flashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom