when buying MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzld

Solid State Member
When buying a MOBO is is any better to buy a como or bundle if you need to replace both anyway? (mobo & cpu together) Or is it better to buy each piece seperately or make any difference at all?

It's good if you save a few bucks that way. (But only if they were what you were considering buying separately anyway.) Double check with newegg's prices and maybe pricewatch.com to get a feel for the invidual costs. If this is an online order and you get to save on shipping, too, it's even a bigger bonus. Make sure that the heat sink/fan is included (or you buy one).

Thanks. Seemed like a convenience item But I wanst sure. I've never replaced a cpu before just the mobo.

How is replacing a mobo exempt you from ever having to do the same stuff as in replacing a proc?

Replacing a processor is no different than the steps you take to remove a proc from a bad board and put it back on again. Just pop the sucker out, put the new one in, thermal it up, slap the heatsink on, and yer good to go. (Of course, granting you had read manuals and specs to make sure the processor you bought is okay for your system.) :)

I just meant I've never bought on seperately. I've gotten many handme down parts in the past. I have put one in. Make since?

Make sure that when you get the MOBO that it will support your current Processor. Personally, I'd go with just the MOBO unless your not happy with the current CPU and want something faster.

I would shop for your motherboard first. Once you've decided on the best board you can afford, select a CPU that hits your price-point. The one place I've bought CPU's and memory from of late is called memoryup.com. They're quite knowledgeable about what current MoBo's will do what CPU's, adn what memory. If you call them directly at:

(626) 820-0318
Hours: 10am - 7pm PST

If everyone can plug newegg, including myself, I can plug the little guy out there too that offers AWESOME service, before, during AND after the sale.

Just tell them what MoBo you want to run, and they'll tell you what your options are concerning memory and CPU.

I'm getting my new motherboard (Asus P4R800-V Deluxe), NEC 3500-Ax 16x DVD Re-Writer, and Samsung 160 gig EIDE drives from Newegg. I got the CPU and memory at Memory Up.

Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom