XP question / help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanoni

Solid State Member
Hi guys

I have a couple of questions:

First of all, if a PC is a family PC and about 5 people or more use it, does it make a difference to create different user ID's and why???. When I say a difference, I mean if it's better for the PC itself for any reason.

Second, I got a new PC to which I also added my old hard drive from my old pc. My new pc has Win XP, and the old hard drive had Win Me. I haven't made any changes to the old hard drive. It's easy for me to go into the old hard drive and open files, etc, but I can't open and run any programs. Does anyone know how I can go about doing so?? Is there a way to log on to my pc through my old hard drive in Win Me, or are there any other possible solutions?

Thanxxx

A1: It's better for you to create for each person,
Reason: 1, So each person can set up the comp to his own taste, such as the Desktop, The StartUp Menu, the Favourites folder, Cookies, and some other Programe data for particular userd.
2, You should have only one super account(Administrator), which manages the computer system . and no other people have the right to modify this computer system. So that the computer is secure and usable all the time.
3, some files you created cannot be seen by others, for private

A2:
Some programmes can still be available, but other programmes which have registered to your old system(WinMe), which means write to you registry. those programmes cannot be used in another system(WinXP). Only way to resolve this is to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom