opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
my hd4870 heats up my room. not a big deal in the winter lol, but in summer, no bueno.

i am thinking of getting this stuff:

Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

i dont need to water cool my cpu (and i suppose if i ever decide to i can add a 2x120 radiator *EDIT* NVM...the 2x 120 is only like 10 bucks more i'll just get it now). will this be enough to cool my card? do i need anything else? besides coolant, i suppose. i dont want a seperate resevoir if possible because space is limited.
opinions? thoughts? suggestions?
thanks amigos.

ps. total with shipping is $212.00 (ouch)
any other options?

Distilled water, pump and a res would help also you know it won't affect your room temps they will be the same as normal air cooling as thats where all the heat has to go unless you go with elaborate ducting going outside.

distilled water and pt nuke. If I were you I'd shop around other forums and save some money. Seems a bit much to just wc your gpu. I'd throw a cpu block into the mix.

For the price you're paying might as well use the system to cool your CPU too. No other options for cooling with air obviously since all will heat up your room just the same as now.

Nice choice of parts.

salty no i didnt know that, isnt there some heat dissipation because of the water itself? like my card isnt dissipating all the heat thru its fan?
3rd WTF is pt nuke?
maybe i WILL throw a cpu block into the mix.

Petra's Tech Shop

cant forget the pump. new total 260.00 god ****
with the cpu block
Petra's Tech Shop
325.00 holy crap. never gonna sneak this thru my wife.

The heat disspation is better in a watercooling loop but all you are doing is moving the heat from the card to the radiator. Energy cannot be destroyed so once at the radiator the heat disspates into the surroundings a radiatorand watercooling is basicly like having a huge heatsink but its externally mounted from the card.

Your room is getting warm, because the card is being cooled effeciently..... You could just remove the heat sink entirely in the summer.... but I doubt that would help the card much... the room would be much cooler though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom