Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter88

Beta member
Hi to you who are reading, I desperately need all your expert advice here.

I installed an anti virus software that my newspapers recommended and after restarting to complete the installation, my computer froze at the loading screen, ie the green pixels just keep moving and moving. Tried restarting, switching to safe mode, won't help.

After a while, after twiddling, the computer prompted me to use a ASUS recovery, I clicked parition one recovery and poof, it started with a completely new windows vista ultimate. I lost everything in my C drive, but D drive is still intact, probably cos I click parition one recovery.

I tried system restore. There is nothing to restore from. It seems that my C drive went totally missing. I'm sure its still somewhere. Just need all your help in figuring this out. Btw, here are my operating system details.

Windows edition: Windows vista ultimate
Model: ASUS Notebook G2 Serise
Processr: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPT, T7500 @2.20GHz
Memory (RAM) : 2047MB
System type: 32 bit operating system

Well I don't know about the "poof new Vista" but it sounds like Windows recovery brought your system back to a known working saved state. You can try a file recovery tool but it isn't guaranteed to recover anything. It would help if you explained in more detail what happened and what you did.

IMO you are SOL. You went through the recovery tool provided by your manf. This will wipe your entire hard drive and put it back to its configuration and state prior to you purchasing it.

Like Baez said, you could try a recovery tool, but IMO that usually is only geared towards failing hard drives or accidental deletion, NOT formatting.

For furture reference I would have booted into safe mode and uninstalled that software. Either is was a bogus download or there was a resource conflict with the OS and the program.

Use more than a local newspaper reference for a file download :) Especially for AV, there are TONS upton TONS of reviews for free, great software. Do your research prior to downloading anything.

Definately bogus software then, it probably corrupted some system files if a safemode boot won't fix the issue since safemode only loads the most essential drivers and software.

Luckily for your Vista doesn't offer a repair installation so you are SOL (sarcasm, i really hate that Vista doesn't provide a repair option).

yeah, I guess what I did was reformat the whole C drive. That was really SOL.
Lost all my precious photos, hard lesson for me. Thanks for all your advice anyway, at least my laptop is running so much faster now!

Way to look at the positives. You should always try to backup your information to an extra hard drive or some DVD's - especially if you have family photos and stuff on the computer.

Sorry about your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom