*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

thats irrelevant to refresh rate

and q6600 oc'd bottlenecking 8800gts sli... i think not... i don't know what ur definition of bottlenecking is? i did not feel my q6700 was bottlenecking my 9800gx2...

i would say any cpu increase will bring up the fps with any card...

in games you have to take under consideration physics calculations

play some crysis and up the cpu... nothing happens... lol

Well.... I ran 3DMark06 last night, and got about what I expected, but not what I hoped..... Ran a 6600 something, submitted the ORB results or whatever, but I didn't take time to post it, cause I was practically asleep at my desk.

I was looking at CPU-Z, and i can't remember the Stepping it has, but it says that the CPU was running at 2.66 Ghz.... 333 Mhz FSB with an 8 multi. I thought this one was supposed to have a multi of 8.5 for 2.83 Ghz. Oh well... perhaps a Mobo issue on the Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6..... ANOTHER thing I noticed is that when I opened 3DMark, it said that I was using an Intel Q9550, but it said it was in the Pentium III family...... say wha?

So yeah... I have ATI Tool all set to go, and I just need a buncha time, and patience to try an OC the rig (again).... I also have to get something going to monitor temps. I am going to work on the CPU first, hoping to hit 3.2-3.4 on air with the TRUE, and maybe even 3.6...... 3.8 would be pretty sweet, and highly doubt I'd hit 4.0..... on air. Once I get that running stable, Ill get the GPU OC'd.

Anyone recommend a good stable OC on a Q9550 for a rig that runs 24x7?

try 3 to 3.6ghz that's about the range i've seen for those. i think nagasagma hit 3.75ghz on his q9450

Back
Top Bottom