graphic cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ill buy off that site no problem....i think you all should get paid for endorsing newegg as much as you all do lol. but my final question....how do i know if i got pci or pci-e? should i open her up and look to see if it takes one of those three card pins or a 2 card pin thingy like in the picture?....and if i got pci-e will the card i posted work then or still no?

and ok maroon1 posted this:

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

if the one i posted that you said wouldnt work.....then the one posted by maroon defiantly wont work....i would think

Its not that we LOVE to endorse newegg. Its because newegg offers the best prices ANYWHERE about 99% of the time.

Download CPU'z

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_148.zip

Select the tab that says Mainboard. At the bottom it should say Graphic Interface, if the Version is not PCI-Express. Then please state what version you have, so we will know what cards to recommend.

ok sweet i got cpu z right on its ummmmmmm Houston i think we got a problem....here is a screen shot

cpuz.jpg

its blank? is there another way to tell.

and sorry but say i do just have pci...would this be good, I found it on the link you provided

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H24PF512PNP Radeon HD 2400PRO 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

its 512mb...best out of the whole group ive seen so far.

here is some more info if you need it:
cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

Ok you have a decent CPU which means your good.

pci_slot.jpg

PCI Slots^^^

11308.jpg
\

^^^PCI-Express Slot^^^ is the black slot that's a bit longer. there is a PCI slot right under it.

Open up your case and find out which one your motherboard has.

wow man thank you for all your help....I know i got some dumb questions...but I gotta ask them somewhere....you help is much appreciated. I'm not gonna open it up tonight, ill do it tomorrow before work and post it on here....will the pci-e slot have that little clip on the end of it like my ram slots do like the one in your picture??....if so I believe i got a PCI slot. thanks again.

right on man....idk what the h*** am2/am2+ is, you might as well be speaking greek to me now LOL. Soooooo if I do have PCI E will the cards from the craigs list work....or still no?....and then If no I guess maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Don't go with Craigs list. Go with newegg, but first I need to know what size monitor you are using (how many inches), and what your budget is.

unfortunately I got a junk 16" CRT. I had a 22 " LG lcd that broke a couple months back....its funny cause as im typing I'm on new egg looking for a new monitor also....my main use is for gaming....budget on the monitor....$200 same as the graphics card...i know ill need a new PSU also $150 budget on that so ball park figure of $500-$600 for all three. for the monitor I'd like to get another 22 inch or bigger if I can for my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom