heatsink selection help

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like u might need a smallish cooler, since that case doesn't have all that much room. but i reckon u might just squeeze a core Contact sunbeam cooler in there, looks like there is a gap for a cooler to co-exist with the rest of your components in there.

Liam, you have the retail version of the CPU picked out, that will come with a heatsink and fan. The OEM version will come only with the CPU and is usually about $10 cheaper. The stock HSF's that come with the CPUs should be enough to keep it cool unless you are going to overclock, then I would certainly invest in an aftermarket cooler.

As far as Baron5's suggestion to the Sunbeam brand, I have a couple of their products and I haven't had any problems with them. They seem to be good quality at a reasonable cost.

thanks for the help. I was looking to overclock, Ive never done it before but would like to give it a try, but it is a pretty small case so thats why i asked for a suggestion for a small one. The core contact freezer looks like it would be a little to high to me. what are your thoughts on zalman, thermaltake or arctic cooling heatsinks?

the sunbeamtech core contact is the best cooler available atm (sunbeam also make tuniq (another great cooler) hence why tx-2 paste will come with ur core contact)

zalman 9xxx series (9700 etc) are overpriced and core contact as mentioned is alot betetr and cheaper. thermaltake dont really have any top of the line cpu coolers atm, atric coolings cheaper coolers are ok for budget but otherwise for overclcoking u need a CC.

I don't think you will be able to fit the core contact in that case. I dont think there are many decent aftermarket coolers that will fit if you are sliding the motherboard tray as shown in the pictures. You could take a look at the Noctua NH-C12P it still will not allow the motherboard tray to slide but it looks like it will fit at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom