Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!! (56K Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hit 360k on my p4 celeron and 3dfx voodoo5. suck it.

i wonder if its possible to get like 100k in 3dmark03 (or whatever the one before 05 is.)

Hitting 5.9ghz with extreme cooling has little effect on real world performance, Intel cpu's have been able to do it for quite a while.

Deneb is supposed to be 10-15% faster than agena which would put it equal to or slightly ahead for yorkfield, but well behind i7.

The current benchmarks aren't enough to make a conclusion one way or another. There was allot of info about agena circulating before it's launch that claimed it would perform far better than it actually did.

Looks valid to me.

All the stuff with Agena was hype, this is real. And Agena couldint even get close to 4ghz on air, which is another thing thats confirmed by AMD themselves.

Looks valid to me.

All the stuff with Agena was hype, this is real. And Agena couldint even get close to 4ghz on air, which is another thing thats confirmed by AMD themselves.

I saw a dude who got 3.5ghz on air, which is the record I believe

Yeah, and with loads of voltage and running very very hot.

65nm was just fail.....2009 is gonna be a fun year for pc hardware.

There is too much stuff out there for those scores not to be true..and really nobody is
gonna waste their time posting fake benchmarks.

indeed. very fun year for me too. just got my q6600 in and paired up at stock with my stock 9600gt i got 10k :) hopefully i can hit around 15k. Feasable? I hope so.

Myabe I'm wrong but so far it seem like everyone is taking every single bit of info about deneb at face value, which seems to be a bad idea considering the unfounded claims about processor performance AMD has made in the past.

indeed. very fun year for me too. just got my q6600 in and paired up at stock with my stock 9600gt i got 10k :) hopefully i can hit around 15k. Feasable? I hope so.

With a crazy Nosboost style OC'ing any overclock is feasible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom