Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80, "Mirror Black" paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's powder coated....the previous photos show a lot of overspray on the table below the panels which usually means wet paint. Powder is usually done in a booth so that the metal is charged in order to have the powder stick to it prior to entering the oven. Also, many dry booths have a collection system so that overspray is collected and can be re-used, less waste that way.

But that's just my guess from the photos.

well it looks like a really good finish, not something I'd normally expect to see from spraypaint (though most of the time I've just used cheap, to ordinary spray paint. And I haven't got a lot of spraypainting experience)

I'm not saying it's not quality, but when you wind up spending more on the case than the hardware inside It just doesn't compute for me.

Also if I recall Bill services are almost always sold out for months in advance. Things might have changed now but he spends a godly amount of time on his work.

If he is busy and you want it done quickly you can always try a local car/motorcycle paint shop. I'm sure your local businesses would appreciate the work and do a kickbutt job even if they would consider it a bit odd to paint a computer.

I'd like to look into how much one of those nifty paint setups would be.... I have PLENTY of un-finished projects that could benefit from something like that...

The Sublime green is fantastic!! So is the Mirror Black...

the paint gun you can buy at NAPA for about 150 bucks (for a fairly good one that will last forever if you take care of it). and a small compressor. only needs about 20-50 psi depending on the paint.
this is the one i have:
NAPAONLINE®
thats it.
works great for cases as well, although my shop is a little dirty for painting most of the time.
they also have some nice gravity-fed guns for under 100 dollars. which would probably be more suitable for small projects.

come now...who really needs a lambo, ferrari etc... a tercell or civic can still get you from point A to B just as well. Each person has their priority, with computers some are focused on performance, others like getting there in style. As long as you love the system you've got who are we to judge.

I paid way to much for my comp case to get it shipped up from the States considering the x-change rate, could have saved atleast $150 bucks and put it elsewhere in my system, but that's the case I want so I paid extra for it. I still consider it one of my best buys. If he wants to pay to have someone who's work he trusts and knows paint his case then why should we care as long as he likes what he's looking at and using.

I'm sure Bill will be in here to confirm but I'm almost positive he's got a paint guy that's a pro at this. If mnpctech.com does simple paint jobs (and i think that's all you're looking for) I'd guess it's contracted out. I know that's how I'd do it.

As mentioned you could try your local autobody shops, also, if it's an all aluminum case then you can get it powder coated at a local powder coating shop, check your yellow pages. Some places will even let you rent the booth and gun, you simply bring the paint and they set you up to do your own painting, do some internet research first on technique and you'd be ok, its not that hard with the proper equipment.

[edit]Wow I must type slow, i started this after aspire's comment...anyways:

Nagasama
works great for cases as well, although my shop is a little dirty for painting most of the time.
they also have some nice gravity-fed guns for under 100 dollars. which would probably be more suitable for small projects.

I have the same issue, only have one garage and my woodworking and car fixing has to get done in there as well...can get real dirty in there. I use plastic vapour barrier, some 2X2s and a 2 foot square fan to make my own dust free booth.

Oh yeah...gravity guns are great, less to go wrong and like was mentioned, you don't need that much paint for a case.[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom