Going SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. they do. OP what resolution are you talking about?
mostly with SLI you are not talking about a performance increase but MAINTAINING performance at higher resolutions.

You run SLI at 1280...

At that Res its probably more CPU Intensive...

ive got a q6600 at 3.6 i can thrash anything i have still strugled in some games liek crysis and even yet with far cry 2 and sli.

you eill see a very notisable increase in most games mgy fps almost doube in fall out 3 going from 1 to 2 cards.

you know, if you have the space you might consider getting a 24".

Benefits from SLI will really show their true colors at 1920x1200 and above....and your overall computing experience (not just games) will improve greatly with a 24" monitor.

If I were you I would wait for some 24" Black Friday deals and sell the 226BW...it's got a heck of a reputation so will still fetch a decent price.

Then from there you can decide whether to go SLI or upgrade to a better single card.

That isn't a bad idea actually Gurusan. Which 24" Samsung is worth getting? I know they're all good but which has the most reputation for being the best?

Also would the 226BW sell fast on ebay?

The 226 would sell on ebay yeah, possibly even here.

And I wouldn't limit your search to samsungs only. They are indeed very nice (I have a 223BW that I love), but there are also other good monitors these days. I would just wait til you find a good deal on Black Friday then post up here to get some comments.

You might even find the deal from our very own hot deals thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom