9600XT or 5700 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can get a 9800pro for $200

6800 is $280, so its $100 more than 9600xt and 5700 ultra. . .

As long as your dealing with GeForce FX vs. Radeon 9*00, always go ATI. Its a different story if you want a high-end card though.

il enforce that opinion, the 9600 xt is better. the nvidia cards that arnt 6800 anrt worth it in my opinion, u can get an ati at same price that will perform better.

I've never used an ATI Card....my Geforce FX 5700 256mb card not ultra though, but not the LE, just the middle standard....worked pretty damn good, but of course I can't compare it to ATI cause neither I nor anyone I know owns it.....but my card died after 2 months =/ Just sent it back today....died back in july lol still under manufacturer warrenty...it was by chaintech...but at the time my case had an open side..no fans...and processor IDLE as at 64C so it probably overheated =/ My friend has a eVGA GeForceFX 5700 Ultra 128mb and its given him no problems and kickz azzorz

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot I don't know which cards it pretains to but, the ATI drivers in some games, one in particular I know of, soldier of fortune 2, if you have MSN open and someone messanges you....somehow the drivers get screwed up and you're basically able to wall hack and everyone is visible through the walls :wooha: So yeah I don't know what that craps about but I lot of hackers use it as an excuse and yeah punkbuster does actually sense when that happens and will kick you. It does consider it a wallhack ;D

uhh, u could get a better ati for the price of the 5900xt, that will outperform the nvidia prolly in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom