Upgrade dell or build new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

elDiablo2234

Beta member
I have about a 3 year old Dell dimension 1100 which can't play a game i like(world of warcraft) is there anyway i can upgrade or would it be smarter to start from scratch, if so could you list computer specs for about a $600 budget, but thats only if i need to.

paton, are you saying that the Quads aren't good processors, or that for his needs, it won't be fully utilized when playing games?

I'm gonna go look to see if an E6750 would out-perform a Q6600..... (yeah, I know that the clock on the E6750 is faster....)....

EDIT: Ok, found my answer... The E6750 takes the cake in pretty much anything that doesn't utilize all 4 cores on the Q660, but in many cases, they were close... I'd like to see a comparison between the 2 at the same clock rate./EDIT

I don't think he was saying that quads in general blow. But just the Q6600 does. Although they are good if your looking for a entry level quad, but they don't overclock as well as they used to. I would also recommend either an E8400/E8500 if it's just for gaming.

Yha to both of you. I have the q6600, got it a year ago, and easily oc'd to 3.2. And i do love it. Howwevr till i oc'd it was marginal.

But As they dont oc well, 4 cores slow, is still slow. A same priced dual will have more speed, and if oc'd will go faster and cooloer, plus will be a 45nm. 8 bucks more gets thee e8500, 10 bucks gets q8200

PS. theres no cpu cooler in the list, so either add one or be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom