Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahiv87

In Runtime
When i play games where i have to use the dvd drive they crash. Bioshock, Crysis, Far Cry 2 all have done the same thing when i pop the DVD in , blue screen with a bunch of white writing and reboots. Microsoft error report says the error is being researched. When i play steam games my PC is fine. Is it my dvd drive?

BSOD's, or blue screens are prevelant in most of microsoft windows software and the numbers usually detail what the problem is. more than likely hardware related when hardware is malfunctioning or there are bad drivers. I've had a couple blue screens playing fallout 3 not to mention fallout 3 crashing a few times.

The BSOD, those white letters and numbers is the computers own way of telling you exactly what the problem is. You can run a hard drive test but, there is no other physical way of telling you if it's the hard drive or the cd rom. Seeing that your having the problem when the cd-rom comes into play, have you tried swapping the optical drive for another?

Get us the STOP error code, which is the numbers at the bottom of the screen formatted as such: 0x000000##, where ## = some alphanumerical combination.

Also give us the words in all caps at the top (for example: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

If the screen flashes up too fast, then do this:

When in Windows, go to Start > right click 'My Computer' > go to Properties > click on the Advanced tab > click on Settings under Startup and Recovery > uncheck the box that says "Automatically Restart" > Click OK on all dialogs.

I'll join you on that one. In the past few weeks?(days?) I've gotten two blue screens. One during a play through of fallout 3. Another after I attempted to install it, another when I walked away for roughly 20 minutes, I came back and it blue screened. I might be back with a post with my error code.
---I have the code---
Stop 0x000000F4(0x00000003, 0x89b1F748,0x89B1F8Bc,0805D297C)

ok here is what i got MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c. it looks like a CPU problem. I have my CPU OC'd could this just mean it's unstable?

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is what I gathered from the same website. I don't know if it's exact.

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

F4 error. Critical Process Terminated.

Hm, thanks for this, I suppose I can plug my secondary hard drive in and put my other ram stick in and further research the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom