New PC Build... FIRST AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoLoCroN

Daemon Poster
Well, I bit the bullet... and bought the components that I needed...

This is my FIRST AMD Athlon build.

I've been an avid Intel afficcionado but I decided to give AMD a try. I Haven't used an AMD chip sinct the K6 (I think) but I just got the 3200+ (32/64 bit processor) along with a new case, 250 GB HDD and 1 GB of DDR RAM.

I want to compare the performance against my P4 2.6Ghz PC.

I'll keep everyone posted.

lol i havent tried amd yet but intel is working for me so i dont know if i will... please do keep us posted it will prob be informative

the only intel I've ever had was the old 133 and at that time I had no clue that it was an intel and knew nothing about computers....before that I had a 63MHz, 8mb RAM macintosh =P running MacOS 7 while signing on to my AOL 1.6 awww how it is to reminisce to the old days

lol. The last intel that i had was the p1 120mhz. I had 16 megs of ram 1meg video. I remember it was soo sweet. lol

AMD all the way now...but i do believe i had an intel sometime ago...i was too young to remember the specs on the dam thing so ya it must have been OLD!

I am surprised...

You all know when you are installing Windows, it takes FOREVER.... well for the first time I was able to install it in a record time of 7 minutes and 30 seconds... I have NEVER seen a new install of Windows complete so fast...

Nice..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom