*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

Once again though.... that depends on whether or not Deneb will perform on par with or faster then the C2Q's clock for clock.
10-15% faster in IPC than Agena, which is very close to Kentsfield.
It should about match, if not beat the Yorkfields in IPC. And probably overclock better.

Superpi is about the worst comparision between two different CPU architectures

It's pretty much only useful for comparing the same CPU at different clock speeds

i know... it was just something that AMD supremely sucks at... just as a closing statement... ya know...

Deneb should perform just about on par with the yorkies in most situations (maybe better in some)... but i dunno about them having the same OCing potential... if macci couldn't get it past 6GHz (even tho he probably didnt have loads of time to fine tune it) i dunno who can (cept maybe Antinomy or KnopflerBruce)... either way, its not gonna level the Intel-AMD playing field... maybe next generation if they can get fusion together

as for getting 20K+, i cant say for sure... we haven't seen any Deneb 3dmark scores, so we cant tell if they've optimised the architecture... i'd say it'll probably be possible... but we cant be sure yet... wait for mid December and we should start seeing some benchmark numbers

some sources say 6, some say 6.3, some stick with high 5s... nothings been confirmed yet, so im not so sure we can truly say 6GHz until i can at least see a screenie (better yet a validator)...

also... you remember the things AMD was saying about the original Phenoms before they were released?? That never happened either...

im just sayin... take everything with a grain of salt

some sources say 6, some say 6.3, some stick with high 5s... nothings been confirmed yet
>6 has been confirmed by a couple of guys at XS who were there.
It's being hushed by AMD because of the NDA. Some sites had said >6 before, but AMD told them to tone it down, and are now saying >5

actually, C2Qs have reached in excess of 6GHz... yorkies have hit up to 6.37GHz

i've just read around a bit and im a bit more convinced now... and i know you can bust 20K with a Deneb... i dug this one up

d19401123bf0.png

Mobo: M3A79-T Deluxe
CPU: Phenom II X4 940 C2-H
GPU: Gigabyte 4870X2 (stock clocks)
RAM: 2x2GB CSX PC2-8500

nice to know AMD is gettin back in it

That is a pretty respectable 3dmark score. Now they need to answer.

Heat (I hope its not like the preshot)
and
Gaming performance

Core i7 is twice as fast in some games than Agena, so AMD will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat for that one. Stabilizing the architecture will do a lot for 3dmark, but I think we are still looking at matching Yorkfield, and matching wolfdale for the duals.

Actually many yorkies have already done over 6ghz, including 6.37ghz.

THE OVERCLOCKING WORLD RECORD DATABASE
hmm, I didn't know that.
The 3dmark06 and superpi world records I've seen with C2Q's in LN2 were done at about 5.5-5.6GHZ or so...

though if the Deneb chip wasn't cherrypicked (which the guys at XS are saying it probably wasn't), then we might see 6GHZ+ being more common on it.

Back
Top Bottom