PC Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strycker

Solid State Member
AMD 2600.
ATI Radeon 9800 pro, 128mb.
1gb, pc2700 crucial.

Now with these specs I am gettin horrible FPS on some games. When games auto detect my settings, the games run poorly. I could run Far Cry at medium with like, 20fps. What could be causing this? Any ideas?

I defragged, but its still a complete MESS. Could this be slowin down my PC? I checked to see if all accerlations were on in DX Diag, they were. Im updated to the latest video card drivers. My PC runs at hot temps (55-60, idle). Ive just chose to ignore it for now, as its been runnin this hot for a year.

Im not sure if this belongs here, but seemed like the best place.

In your ATI control panel, under the direct3d settings do you have the slider on high quality or application preference? For best performance, move the slider to application preference. Second, what drivers are you using? You might want to re-install the drivers or move to the omega drivers.

I believe im on 4.8 catayalyst drivers, where can I check?

Second, I have everything on peformance instead of quality.

Edit: I tried switchin drivers once, Was a DANG confusing process uninstalling my current ones so I just said screw it.

Hmmm...is that your processor running at 60*C idle. If so, thats a little hot and I would look into better cooling for it. That may be your problem.

beedubaya said:
Hmmm...is that your processor running at 60*C idle. If so, thats a little hot and I would look into better cooling for it. That may be your problem.

Yes, 55-60 idle. Would that be slowin me down a whole lot?

How hot does it get under full load? 60* is too hot when playing CPU intensive games such as UT2004, and will cause decreased performance. Let alone, 60* when idle.

I think I checked usin a prog, it got up to like 70.

I Considered puttin fans in before, but I dont have any intake/outtake holes already there, If I get a new heatsink. I misawell get a new proc while im at it. Should I try openin up the side of my case and puttin a house fan next to it, just that one time to see if that could be it?

beedubaya said:
Thats too hot, man. I would get a better heatsink/fan for it, or you could damage your processor.

Ive been runnin it like this for a year, maybe ive already damaged it. Ill look into gettin a new heatsink/proc later, if this is the issue that causin me to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom