USB or PS/2 Not working $100 Paypal Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you couldn't get in with ps/2 keyboard either?
spam delete immedietely after you turn it on
does the keyboard led light up after you plug it in? is it getting any power at all from the computer?
reset cmos often when you trying to fix

I tried that and it doesnt work.

The only reason I bought this ps/2 is to turn on legacy usb but it ended up not working.

Did you try "If that fails try to pull the CMO's battery, or if your board might have jumpers on the board that have to be moved for the stuff to work" from what I've said in my first post of this thread?

Yes I reset the CMOS.... I think I mighthave did something wrong. I pulled out one of the headers located near the USB ( dont know if it matters? ) I connected another header to it and it seems to still not work

Have you tried a different keyboard?
Make sure you have the USB connectors in the right spot. A lot of motherboards have two areas for USB, a USB1 and a USB2 (not version just means there are two spots).
Try a USB expansion card, it is possible that what USB ports you are using are malfunctioning and don't work.

Yes I have tried a different keyboard, I tried all connectors.

I will try to buy a USB expansion card sometime..

Anymore ideas?

Check the USB connections on the mobo. Could be they are not solidered correctly and shorting out.

yea lol i was just gunna say.. my idea.. you put it into words better lol. i added to check the ps2 and what as well. maybe in shipping or moving that back piece got bent which would ruin the solder points. slighty so its unoticable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom