CD drives not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

majikmushroom

Beta member
I have a Dell 8400 that has been a good puter since I bought it new. I am having trouble with it recognizing my cd rom and the cd burner. Both are part of the tower. I tried an uninstall and a reboot, but still no soap. DL drivers and it says it dosent need new drivers. My friend brought a new CD-ROM over but after an install we still got the two yellow flags in the device manager. My friend thinks its something to do with the registry. Also I don't know if this is related but the restore feature is completely blank, no restore points. Any ideas that a medium experienced person could tackle? Thanks for any help. Reed

Am running XP

If another cd rom drive was giving you the same issue it's got to either be the connection or something in Windows. Are you able to try a new ide cable?

And what do you mean when the restore feature is blank? Just that no restore points are selected (restore can be disabled by default on some machines) or something different (feel free to post a screenshot if it's tough to explain).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom