Need Help. My Outlook Express Message Rules Don't Work Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomld

Beta member
I am trying to use Outlook Express message rules to reply to all messages in a folder. I have the rule setup to respond to all messages with a message that is saved as a txt file. I use a text file instead of an eml file because it attaches the eml file while with a txt file it posts the file contents in the response.

I have the rule disabled and then I apply it when needed. I apply it using the option to apply it to a specific folder using the 'Apply Now' button and selecting the folder I want to respond to all emails in side it.

I've done this in the past and it's worked just fine. Now it sends to maybe 10 or so emails out of a possible 300+. How come it only sends to a few and won't send to all within the folder? I have no other rule criteria setup that would select only certain emails. The rule states to ALL messages. But it only sends to a few.

How can I get the rule to respond to ALL emails within a folder using a specfied message in Outlook Express?

I don't know what would cause it to send to a few and not all. If I can't get the rules to work, is there any other way to respond to ALL messages within a specific Outlook Express folder at one time?

Thanks
Tom

well if I get this post going again you might get some specific help.
My suggestion would be to update ie, and you can choose to just do outlook express. and don't forget that there is outlook, that is more advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom