Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, it depends if ur mobo has an agp slot or only pci slots. to find out, open ur case, and the agp slot is farther away from the edge then the pci slot (were all cards are usually). if u dont have a agp, then ul need to get a pci ati card ( best is 9600 but 9500 i fine if u can find it)
For the ram, bring ur pc to bestbuy or w/e, and ask them what ram will work, and tell them what brand/model, then go to www.newegg.com or www.zipzoomfly.com and buy it there. to install, just open up case, and put the bar into the correct spot

Dude getting a new processor and motherboard isn't buying a new PC. Getting those components would greatly help out in your quest for Sims2. You can get a motherboard and CPU combo for $175 or less. And also like they said, when you go to best buy not only will the ram be $100 more expensive they will charge you to install it too. You really need to do some computer hardware research. It'll help you out in the long run.

okay cool yyou guys are really helpful...I know I have an AGP slot cause on the front of my computer it says...Upgradable AGP Slot supports up to 4x Gragpics card...Well Ill think about getting a new mobo..but BTW If I were not able to get anything out of which of the three would make the biggest difference...

radeon 9500 pro
Upgrade to 512Mb
A new processor...

Cause Now I only have 60 dollars don't worry Ill get more but what should the 60$ go to?

you kind of have to compromise a little. Even if you got the radeon pro....it'll be bottlenecked because it'll be way faster compared to the rest of your system...you have to get your system updated before you can get a more up to date card ya see? Its just essentials man, I know you're probably excited and want that shit soon but patience is key and it'd be better in the long run to upgrade that ram, cpu, and motherboard

Okay cool I got ya so inorder here's what I should do...

Processor
Ram to 512
then see how the sims 2 play...if I don't like it get 9500 pro
If I do...then I am a happy camper is that what I should do?

yeah basically.....processor and ram first..that will make a difference for you...try to atleast get a 1.5GHz chip or something, see what the max is for your board and don't get duron, look for XP series......after youve gotten that kind of system upgrade wait a little save your money then get the 9500 pro or whatever card your heart desires =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom