*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

that could work too... just funnel all the energy of your CPU into another dimension... NICE!

did anyone watch the recent atlantis episode where they had that crazy space/time bridge to funnel an infinite amount of heat out of our universe?

that would be awesome :D

Yeah, looks like I wasn't the only one who thought about overclocking when they saw it.

i whack on a load of sunblock if i was in outerspace in the nude... all those gamma rays and what not... gotta have a little bit of protection

and it really depends how long you stay in space how hot (or cold) it is... the background radiation is about 2.73K, but if you just stuck a temperature probe out there you'd find it'd take a second to hit 2.73 as the energy must radiate to it... that plus there's all that other energy whizzin around out there (eg from the sun)... so it'd only be 2.73K in an absolutely isolated place in space... either way, i think i'll just sit back and crack some liquid helium on my CPU!

i dont think you would have to be "isolated" as we percieve it. i think you would have to wait...mmmmm...maybe half a second. but dang im all for the helium.

apok's right... there's plenty of single card systems with a C2Q @ <4GHz that have 20K+

but we cant be sure about the performance of Deneb in 3dmark... we've seen in the past that AMD duals and quads will perform more poorly (some times up to 2500 points worse) than an equally clocked AMD dual or quad... so maybe Deneb will do AMD proud... or maybe it will continue the tradition of AMD having superpi scores above 20 seconds (cept for 3 phenoms which hit 19.9)

apok's right... there's plenty of single card systems with a C2Q @ <4GHz that have 20K+

but we cant be sure about the performance of Deneb in 3dmark... we've seen in the past that AMD duals and quads will perform more poorly (some times up to 2500 points worse) than an equally clocked AMD dual or quad... so maybe Deneb will do AMD proud... or maybe it will continue the tradition of AMD having superpi scores above 20 seconds (cept for 3 phenoms which hit 19.9)
Superpi is about the worst comparision between two different CPU architectures

It's pretty much only useful for comparing the same CPU at different clock speeds

Once again though.... that depends on whether or not Deneb will perform on par with or faster then the C2Q's clock for clock. With a GTX 280 + Deneb would it be possible?

Back
Top Bottom