Going SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
My current rig is in my signature. I am thinking about getting another 9800GTX and going SLI. However im not sure if it is a waste of money or will it be worth it performance wise? Any opinions are appreciated. I am running my rig on a Samsung 226BW.

hmm seeing as how 9800gtx's have fallen in price does not seem like a bad idea. i'll try to find some sli'ed 9800gtx benchmarks.

Yeah I know, that's why I was thinking about SLI. Seeing as the 9800GTX's have hit the $150 mark it seems like a good idea, but the problem is the performance gain, if any.

Yes, you will see a big difference...9800s in SLI are quite good.

Although if it were me I might just sell the 9800 and buy a GTX 260....I prefer to keep tech updated as much as possible rather than investing in slightly older tech.

go sli im loving my 8800gts g92 sli itl preaty much be the same thing and im on 1280x1024, not many beleive htis but yes even at low res games are preaty demanding. and im loving this sli goodness. + i got 20k on 3dmark 06.

go sli im loving my 8800gts g92 sli itl preaty much be the same thing and im on 1280x1024, not many beleive htis but yes even at low res games are preaty demanding. and im loving this sli goodness. + i got 20k on 3dmark 06.

You run SLI at 1280...

At that Res its probably more CPU Intensive...

So I would see a good improvement if I went SLI? By improvement im not talking 5-10fps, I want a good improvement gap worth investing $150-$200 on.

Also if I were to sell it where would be a good place to sell it fast and for the most money?

So I would see a good improvement if I went SLI? By improvement im not talking 5-10fps, I want a good improvement gap worth investing $150-$200 on.

Also if I were to sell it where would be a good place to sell it fast and for the most money?

Dude with that money just buy a decent 22" widescreen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom