Graphic cards 128mb vs 256mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitopons

Solid State Member
My current graphics card went bad, so I am considering purchasing a new card...I noticed that there are
3 NVIDIA GRAPHIC cards in my price range, one for 128mb , 256mb and 512mb...I am not looking for gaming or video editing just regular joe use....my question is will the 512mb slow my computer a bit more than the 128mb when loading images or will the 512mb will speed up image loading ? I say that because it looks like the PC requirements for each card are slightly different...

thanx

so you're just looking for a card to be a display adapter? as in just so you can display whats going on.

if thats the case then just go with the cheapest card you can find and you'll be fine as the graphics card does little in every day things so you'll be fine with a cheap low profile card that doesn't use up a lot of energy.

so basically for display purposes that graphic card memory does not really affect the speed performance of the pc as for loading pictures and videos ...Even though I don't play high end games I do play pacman once in a while and I watch movies and you tube, I think I spend more time watching youtube than anything else. I though it might affect somewhat the performance of youtube, movies etc somewhat....the price difference is not that large I see some cards out there with a 5 dollar difference same brand and with blackfriday coming it will be a joke....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom