OS lap top OPTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
if gateway didn't make a xp version of the laptop then chances are that they aren't going to have drivers for that model for xp. you'll have to search for a driver by driver basis, or maybe you can get lucky like me, and somebody's compiled a list of xp drivers for your specific laptop (generally components are the same in a family of laptops).

Hello,

Personally I don't mind Vista, but there are some occasions where using Windows XP would be better. We know that Windows Vista has higher system requirements than Windows XP, and taking into account the whole Vista Capable fiasco, there are some users where downgrading to Windows XP would be better.

For example, my HP 2510p notebook originally had Windows Vista Business installed (actually, I replaced the OS with Vista Server 2008 Standard Edition). However, recently I decided to install and use Windows XP instead. It only has a 1.8" 4200RPM hard drive and a Core 2 Duo ULV U7600 processor. I'm glad I changed because my notebook is definitely more responsive now and it takes less time to copy files (most certainly), boot, hibernate and shutdown.

or you can get server 08 and throw that on there. or just suck it up and use vista. if i had to choose vista or xp i would choose vista over xp any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom