To build or to buy with a $600 budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Ok this would be for a friend he wants a new computer for general use and gaming (Flight simulator, strategy games). He has a monitor and I believe a OS (Can you transfer a xp key to another computer as long as its only on one at a time?)
But what I'm wondering is if he would be better off building or buying from like Dell or Cyberpower. I was thinking with a low budget pre-built might be better since even though he has a monitor he can get a combo deal and get a new one and also get Vista and maybe just fix the old comp and keep xp on it.

In any case what parts for home built would you suggest?

And does anybody know if theres any good prebuilts on sale right now?

I always tell my relatives or friends that if they are thinking about getting a new computer to just build one...

build.
RTFB(read the effing bible)
=D

Dude I'm the grand daddy of our techie bible :)

Like I said this isn't for me and I always had a little exception to "Thou shall always build thy's desktop" since if you want really cheap, legal windows, and monitor, its hard to build for less than you can buy from Dell.

Besides thats the "techies" bible. He is not a techie, if he was I wouldn't be handling this for him.

if he doesnt play games..

go pick on newegg and type in

intel atom .... look for the lil 169 dollar computer..

all it needs is some laptop ram, hdd and a cd drive and its good to go... then just pick up a monitor of his choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom