Is this a good deal, or a stinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcanada

Beta member
Hi, I just found this forum and it's pretty great. Now, there's an offer at best buy right now for an HP Pavilion Desktop PC featuring AMD Phenom X4 9550 QuadCore(M8530F) - it has the following specs:

5GB PC2-6400 (Exp. To 8GB)

750GB 7200RPM SATA

nVIDIA GeForce 9300GE - 256MB

comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit SP1.

DVD drive and all that junk...

Price: $549.99 Canadian which is pretty **** cheap.

Now, I know the Geforce 9300GE is no good. I've been looking up on it and it's an entry level GPU. But what about the AMD Phemon X4 9550?? I read somewhere that it's pretty good. And customer reviews seem to say people are happy with the system and that it's fast. So would this be a good purchase? I would buy a better Graphic's Card and replace it. Spending another $200 on a graphics card would still make this a pretty cheap system for what your getting. Or is it? That's why I'm here... Opinions? Am i deluded?

Thanks for the help in advance!

for a quad core that looks like a really good deal(i think)

i don't know much bout video cards though,i just look at the # and go from there(is that sad or what?)

its a good deal. the card is pretty crappy , though. if you plan to game, that is. if you are going to surf the net and send emails, thats a screamin deal.

Thanks for the responses! If I were to change the video card for a better one would this be a good gaming computer? It seems to have enough ram. But is that processor any good? Mind you, i would be using this computer for some video editing, some 3d work, and some gaming, so changing the video card would be a given.

Thanks!

yes i have no social life. lol jk im just hungover and trying to catch up from my early departure form the forum last night.
lol pot o coffee FTW!

Drats I responded late. Its not due to a social life, it was due to me loading money on my prepaid credit card. By the way I ordered my first 4830 just now, so its no longer a pipe dream.

That's a pretty decent price. But its almost impossible to fit a decent sized GPU in that case. So if you were planning on gaming some where down the road, I would first pick up a decent motherboard, case, PSU, and the GPU of your choice.

But for every day use, its a Great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom